Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Redstone Defends Cruise Ouster
Viacom Chairman Sumner Redstone indicated Monday that he has no regrets about his decision to cut his company's ties to Tom Cruise. Interviewed by former Disney chief Michael Eisner on Eisner's CNBC talk show Monday, Redstone, whose company owns Paramount Pictures, suggested that movie stars in general may be overvalued by the film industry. "I hoped I was saying goodbye to a type of business," Redstone told Eisner, referring to Paramount's break with Cruise's production company. "We were paying too much to the stars, and stars don't make a picture, the script does. We were paying too much and getting too little." Cruise's most recent project with Paramount was Mission: Impossible III, which grossed $133.4 million domestically.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ren said...

I am certainly biased and in no way endorse Sumner's decision (Cruise is still a champion in my book) But, I love that Sumner says that the script makes the picture. I am glad that someone still knows that and I think he has a little credibility (to the tune of 9 billion!)

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home